Investing in Air France KLM
Air France KLM, is one of the largest airline companies in Europe. The main owners are the government of France and the Netherlands. Throughout the company’s history, it has provided excellent investment opportunities, as it is a company with large monthly revenues.In 2020, the stock ranged 67.8% from May-June and 94.2% from October-November. Generating a 325.9% return on investment, with a gain of 225.9%. This demonstrates the great profitability of this company to invest in.If you want to know more about the investment opportunities Air France KLM has to offer, here we bring you everything you need. From strengths, opportunities, company history and Inclusive, we show you how to invest in Air France KLM.
What is Air France KLM?
Air France-KLM S.A. is a company of French-Dutch origin, with economic activities in the airline industry. It is better known as the Air France-KLM Group. The company’s headquarters are located in Tremblay-en-France, France.This company is an airline management company. The main owners of Air France KLM are the French and Dutch governments. Both countries hold 14.3% and 14% of the shares, respectively.The inception of Air France KLM came about when the two governments decided to merge the airlines Air France and Netherlands-based KLM in 2004, with the French government initially holding 44% of the shares.Air France KLM’s main airline activities are centred on Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport and Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. For 2014, the company recorded having transported 87.3 million passengers.On the French side, Air France KLM owns Air France Cargo, Air France Hop and Transavia France. On the Dutch side, Air France KLM owns KLM Cargo, KLM Cityhopper, Transavia and Martinair.In addition, Air France KLM has minority stakes in several airlines. These include Air Corsica, Air Côte d’Ivoire, Air Mauritius, Air Tahiti, among others. Diversifying its assets across several companies at the same time.
Air France KLM is a company with strong economic activities in the airline industry. It provides daily services to passengers all over the world, especially in France and the Netherlands. This provides it with great economic stability and the high value of Air France KLM shares.The company has stood out over the years for its strong annual revenues, thus improving Air France KLM’s share price. For 2019, Air France KLM’s revenues stood at €27.189 billion (EUR) and its assets were valued at €30.735 billion (EUR).Throughout 2020, the company has surprisingly increased its share price. As of December this year, the Air France KLM share was trading at €5.33 (EUR). This was an increase of 48.06% since May 2020, 83.79% since September and 91.73% since October 2020.
- Presence in several countries. Especially throughout Europe. Giving the company a strong economic position and diversified revenues. This coincides with the company’s annual revenues and increases the Air France KLM share price.
- Strong presence in social networks. Especially with advertisements that attract customers on a regular basis. In addition to providing excellent prices, which makes Air France KLM airlines preferred by many users. Which considerably increases the cost of Air France KLM shares.
- Largest hub in Europe. Focusing the largest number of customers, providing both countries with high profitability with one airline. Improving both their revenues and Air France KLM’s stock market listing.
- Powerful commercial alliance. Thanks to the union of two of the most productive airlines in Europe. Giving greater economic robustness to the company and greater economic strength to the Air France KLM action.
- Low level of flights for 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, which has caused Air France KLM’s stocks to fall slightly. However, the company has managed to resist this with greatness, improving its shares by the end of the year.
If you want to learn how to buy on Air France KLM, here is how to do it. First, you need to choose a reputable broker. We have tested several options for 2020, the ones we liked the most for their low commissions, ease of use and online security are as follows.
After choosing a broker, you need to properly register your account to buy Air France KLM shares. To do this, just follow the instructions below.
- Go to the official website of your broker.
- Look for the option to register as a new user.
- Fill in your personal, account and payment details.
- Log in to your email and open the verification link.
- Load the balance you wish to invest in Air France KLM into the system.
- Search for the company’s shares on the platform. Air France KLM is listed as EPA: AF and Euronext: AF.
- Click on the buy button and wait for confirmation.
- That’s it! Your actions will now be reflected in your account portfolio.
- Consider investing in the Air France KLM stock market, at times when there is more traffic in France and the Netherlands.
- Keep an eye on news from Air France KLM and its subsidiaries. What affects these may affect the performance of Air France KLM’s NASDAQ stock.
- Since Air France KLM shares are affordable, consider buying Air France KLM shares with your savings. This way you can look to grow them and make them work for you. In 2020 alone, increases of up to 91.73% were seen.
- If you have shares in your portfolio, regularly check how much an Air France KLM share is worth. Looking for a good time to sell and buy again.
- Learn how to analyse the price of Air France KLM stock. Seeking to predict future investment opportunities.