Investing in BlackBerry
So the real question here is, will it be profitable to invest in BlackBerry? The truth is that it may be a good alternative, or it may not.
To find out, you need to know a little more about this company, discover its strengths and weaknesses, as well as its stock market data and BlackBerry’s current share price. That’s all you’ll learn in this post.
What is BlackBerry?
Let’s start with the basics, what is BlackBerry? A Canadian company that manufactures smartphones, tablets and software for its own devices or marketed for other companies. At the beginning, it was known as Research In Motion Limited, later they changed their name to BlackBerry. It was created in 1999 and continues to work for its consumers to this day.
This brand began to be recognized in the market for the inclusion of the QWERTY keyboard in their smart devices, in addition to a lot of applications that provided an excellent user experience. Another feature of these phones was that they brought their own operating system, which is BlackBerry OS.
Also, BlackBerry had its own messaging system called BBM, where its identification is by means of an 8-character hexadecimal PIN. Currently this application is available for all smart devices and there is one called BBM Enterprise for the exclusive use of companies and work teams.
Until 7 years ago, BlackBerry stopped manufacturing cell phones and the company disappeared for a while. It is only now that we see it again with its new strategy in mind. Leaving the cell phones to create software and applications for mobiles and computers.
But that’s not all. In its efforts to innovate in the computer and technological world, BlackBerry plans to make use of IoT in cars. That is to say that the company’s new plan focuses on the design and production of developed systems that can handle functions like those of a car and manage them from the cloud. Incredible, isn’t it?
Why buy BlackBerry stock?
BlackBerry is implementing a new business model, this time aimed at software and the implementation of new technologies. A company that has been “low profile” for several years is expected to have thought through its strategy and achieve imminent success.
However, its sudden disappearance from the electronics sector has caused BlackBerry’s stock on the stock market to have an imbalance over the past two years. For 2019, there was a loss of approximately €40 million, which caused BlackBerry’s stock value to plummet completely.
Interestingly, by 2020 many investors claim that the company “rose from the ashes” after restructuring the company’s management. For the last quarter of this year, the price of each BlackBerry stock is expected to be in the $8 or slightly higher range, with an upward trend.
Financial experts expect BlackBerry shares to find stability by reaching $9.50, and as far as we can see, it is on the right track. The company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BB. BlackBerry is also listed on NASDAQ with the same acronym.
Buying BlackBerry Shares: Advantages
- Software development. We are in the age of technology, and this is the sector with the highest demand and liquidity for the time, so by developing software the company will grow its revenues and provide economic stability. No doubt this is favorable for BlackBerry stocks.
- BlackBerry share price is low. As we discussed above, the price of each BlackBerry share is below $10, so it is affordable to invest in a few BlackBerry shares and the risk of losing would not be so high.
- Recognized company. The company may have lost visibility in the last 3 years, but if one thing is certain it has not been at all. The company remains present and that is the reason why in this last month of the year the value of the BlackBerry stock skyrocketed and is recovering.
Buying BlackBerry shares: Disadvantages
- Long-term gains. Because of the very low price at which the company’s stock trades, buying BlackBerry stock may generate long-term gains. So if you’re looking for an investment that yields short- to medium-term returns, BlackBerry stocks are definitely not for you.
- Competition. BlackBerry has direct competition both in the creation of software and applications, as well as in the manufacture of smartphones, which may produce a new economic imbalance.
For a safe acquisition of BlackBerry shares, it is prudent that you use a broker. This is a tool that acts as an intermediary during the transaction of buying and selling shares of a company and the investor, so that the operation is completely reliable and risk-free.
Among the most commonly used are PLUS500, XTB and eToro. Here’s how to buy on BlackBerry with XTB:
- Create an account with XTB broker and fill in their forms with your personal data.
- Log in and transfer the amount of money you want to use to invest in BlackBerry.
- Search for BlackBerry stocks by name or BB symbol.
- Select “Buy”.
- Indicate the number of BlackBerry shares you want to buy, the price you want to buy them for and the duration of the order.
- Wait a few minutes and then check your profile to verify that you already have BlackBerry shares in your account.
BlackBerry Stock Investment Tips
- Before knowing how to invest in BlackBerry, it is important to know the experience of other users when buying their shares. Check their cases, what were the profits they made and if at any time there was a loss.
- Check how much a BlackBerry stock is worth on a daily basis to know the perfect time to buy or sell your stocks.
- Use an investment capital that you are willing to lose. Remember that investments in the stock market are not 100% safe.