Investing in Canopy Growth
One of the most prominent companies in the marijuana industry is Canopy Growth. Which positioned itself in April 2019, as the largest worldwide in this market. Increasing the value Canopy Growth shares above other similar companies.
Cannopy Growth, has seen its shares grow by as much as 100.6% in just one month in 2020. Below we tell you about the company’s history, track record and strengths. We even explain how to invest in Cannopy Growth.
What is Canopy Growth?
Canopy Growth Corporation, is a Canadian medical and recreational marijuana sales company. It was founded in 2013 by Bruce Linton, Mark Zekulin and Chuck Rifici. The company’s headquarters, is located in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada.
The company was called Tweed Marijuana Inc. at the time of its founding. In 2015, it merged with Bedrocan Canada and changed to its current name. Creating one of the most lucrative marijuana companies in the market.
Canopy Growth Corporation, was positioned as the largest cannabis company for the month of April 2019. Being the stock price Canopy Growth, the largest compared to other similar companies.
In addition to the sale of recreational marijuana in Canada and certain countries where its consumption is legal, it also sells medical marijuana. Focusing the sale of this to countries throughout the world.
Canopy Growth Corporation, has a focus on improving the company’s economic activities and sales. Since 2020, David Klein took over the company as CEO. He already has previous experience in the company.
Canopy Growth positioned itself in 2019 as the largest company in the marijuana industry. Which is supported by Canopy Growth’s stock price and the company’s revenue.
For 2020, the company’s revenues increased throughout the year. Reporting C$440 million (CAD) in revenue and assets valued at C$6.86 billion (CAD). Generating a high Canopy Growth listing on the stock exchange.
Throughout 2020, a high increase in the Canopy Growth share price was recorded. The share price was quoted at C$ 33.10 (CAD) for December 2020, representing an increase of 160.89%.
Buying Canopy Growth shares: Advantages
- One of the largest companies in the marijuana industry. Selling medical marijuana worldwide and recreational marijuana in countries where it has already been legalized.
- It is in a growing market. Considering that many countries worldwide have not legalized marijuana. So this company may grow as marijuana becomes legalized in other regions.
- It has recorded high increases in its shares in 2020. Including increases of up to 160.89% for the full year. Generating excellent investment opportunities.
Buying shares of Canopy Growth: Disadvantage
- In 2020, it had to close several stores. Due to the economic situation generated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Considering that this severely affected the world economy, however, it did not have a strong effect on Canopy Growth shares.
If you want to learn how to buy in Canopy Growth, the first thing to do is to choose your trusted broker. To do this, analyze the best options, looking for a reliable, secure platform, with low commissions and very easy to use. The brokers that most match these criteria are the following.
After you have reviewed the brokers and chosen the one you like the most, you must create your account to finally buy Canopy Growth shares. To do so, just follow the instructions below.
- Log in to your broker’s website and look for the option to register as a new user.
- Fill in all the information requested in the registration form.
- Verify your account by clicking on the link you will receive in your email.
- Access the platform and load the balance you wish to invest in Canopy Growth.
- Search for the company on the platform. Canopy Growth. This company trades as TSX: WEED and TSE: WEED.
- Click on the buy action button and wait for confirmation.
- That’s it! Your Canopy Growth shares should be reflected in your portfolio.
- Watch for David Klein’s decisions as CEO of the company. As his leadership will imply a positive or negative change in the value of Canopy Growth shares.
- If you have shares in your portfolio, check how much a Canopy Growth share is worth. Calculate the difference in value between the day of purchase and the current price to see the percentage gain if you sell it.
- Save on NASDAQ Canopy Growth stocks. These have had high year-over-year increases, posting an increase of as much as 160.89% by 2020. Which could boost your savings if you decide to do this.
- Learn how to analyze the change in value of the Canopy Growth stock. This way, you will be able to predict future investment opportunities.
If you want to know how profitable it is to make an investment in Canopy Growth stock, the best thing to do is to calculate past opportunities. This way, you can see what the return on investment in the company would be.
For example, in 2020, three major investment opportunities were generated. The shares increased by 73.8% between March-April, 60.1% between May-June and 100.6% October-November. Finally, the value of the Canopy Growth share was positioned at C$ 37.50 (CAD) for this month.
An experienced investor can analyze these changes and foresee them, using the opportunities to invest. If in March he buys C$1,000 – C$10,000 in Canopy Growth stocks, by November he will obtain a return of C$5,582.99 – C$55,829.95. This implies an increase of 458.30% over your initial investment.