Investing in ExxonMobil
You may find this one very interesting, no matter if you want to get started in the investment world or if you have been generating income in this way for years.
Today, we talk to you a little bit about this one, as its shares have risen lately and you could consider it as an attractive option to invest. Whether you are a long-term investor or want to generate short-term profitability.
What is ExxonMobil?
ExxonMobil was created in November 1999. ExxonMobil is the result of a merger between Exxon and Mobil. Both were founded by John D. Rockefeller, one of the largest investors in history. Currently, ExxonMobil’s headquarters are located in Irving, Texas, USA.
This company has a worldwide presence and is one of the most successful multinational oil companies. During its history, it has found oil and gas discoveries, extracting these materials for processing and sale. This has resulted in even greater profits.
Currently, ExxonMobil remains the world’s largest energy company. This company has been somewhat affected by the global COVID-19 pandemic, however, it promises to bounce back, being one of the most robust oil companies worldwide.
ExxonMobil stands as one of the most robust companies in the oil and gas industry. By 2019, its capital stood at $191.7 billion (USD) and it had assets accumulating $362.6 billion (USD). It even has an operating profit for 2019 of $20.06 billion (USD).
This economic strength has positioned ExxonMobil as one of the most successful oil and gas companies in the world. In December 2020, ExxonMobil’s share price is at $39.94 (USD). By November, they were at $33.41 (USD), which implies a 20% increase in just one month.
Buying ExxonMobil Shares: Advantages
- History of having dividends with great growth. ExxonMobil has sought to increase its dividend over the years. In this way, they manage to improve the price of the ExxonMobil stock price.
- It has many subsidiaries. ExxonMobil is not just a company in itself. It has many subsidiaries such as Mobil, Esso, XTO Energy and more. All of these give ExxonMobil shares a greater degree of robustness.
- One of the world’s largest oil and gas companies. There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that ExxonMobil is one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world. This long history and economic strength makes it an excellent choice for investing in ExxonMobil.
Buying ExxonMobil shares: Disadvantage
- Reduction of fuel consumption. Globally, green alternatives are being sought to reduce fuel and oil consumption. This could lead to a decrease in ExxonMobil’s share price.
- Creation of state policies. Some states are creating state policies that regulate the consumption of fuel or oil. This in turn creates obstacles to ExxonMobil’s economic development.
- Oil spills. Oil spills are regrettable events. Both economically and environmentally. They also have a great impact on ExxonMobil’s reputation. That is why we recommend you to be alert if something similar happens, as it may affect ExxonMobil stocks.
Learning how to invest in ExxonMobil is quite simple. Here we bring you all the information you may need. First, you will need to choose one of the main brokers available. To buy ExxonMobil shares, we recommend the following.
After choosing a broker, it is time to create your account to purchase ExxonMobil shares. If you wish, some brokers give you the option to buy shares divided in a certain percentage. To learn how to buy ExxonMobil, follow the steps below.
- Enter the portal of your selected broker and look for the registration section.
- Fill in all the personal data and your payment information. Either with TDC or a digital wallet such as PayPal or others.
- Once you have registered your account, you must complete the confirmation process by e-mail.
- With your account confirmed, you will need to transfer the amount you wish to purchase one or more ExxonMobil shares.
- When you go looking for shares, remember that they are listed as NYSE: XOM. It is also important to check how much an ExxonMobil share is worth, analyzing if it is the right time to buy.
- Click on the Buy Action button.
- Wait for the confirmation process and for your broker to indicate that the purchase has been made.
- That’s it! With your stock in your portfolio, remember to keep an eye on when the ExxonMobil share price changes and it is a good time to sell or buy. Depending on the type of investments (quick or long term) you wish to make.
- Check for news of new decisions made by the company, as these may positively or negatively affect ExxonMobil’s stock market in the future.
- Remember that to buy a share of ExxonMobil NASDAQ stock, you need to search for it as NYSE: XOM.
- It seeks to know the movements of lows and highs, to discover when it is better to buy or sell the shares. In order to obtain immediate profitability in an investment period of weeks or months.
- If you do not feel comfortable at the beginning, invest a small amount. Depending on the value of ExxonMobil shares and its earnings, you can reinvest and, if you want, put in a larger amount. The more you invest, the higher your profits will be.
We recommend you to always calculate the percentage of price increase, to calculate how much you have earned. You can even calculate how much you would earn if ExxonMobil keeps its shares rising.
At the beginning of December 2020, the ExxonMobil share price was at $39.94 (USD). For November it opened at $33.41 (USD). This implies an increase of 20%. If you bought $1,000 (USD) in shares and sell the following month, you can make a $200 (USD) profit. What are you waiting for to generate income by buying ExxonMobil shares?