Investing in Merck
A leading U.S. pharmaceutical company of German origin is Merck. It has products that are of regular consumption and great help in the treatment of different diseases.
If you are interested in knowing about the profitability of investing in Merck’s stock market, we will tell you more about the company below. The company’s history, strengths, weaknesses and past investment opportunities.
What is Merck?
Merck & Co., Inc. is one of the world’s largest companies in the pharmaceutical industry. Although the company was founded in the United States, its true origin is German. Currently, the company’s headquarters are located in Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA.
Originally, the company was founded in 1891 by Theodore Weicker. An employee of the German company Merck Group. In its beginnings, this company was generated as a subsidiary of this parent company. However, by 1917 it was consolidated as a fully independent U.S. company.
This company has a worldwide pharmaceutical distribution presence. Some of the company’s most lucrative products include sitagliptin, ezetimibe, infliximab, raltegravir, ertapenem, among others.
Merck’s main focus is to develop some of the most potent vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs. In order to improve the quality of life of the world’s population at large. To this end, they have top-notch teams of experts in their laboratories, as well as in leading production processes.
Merck holds patents for drugs of great importance to world health. In addition to an elaborate sales system, which allows it to generate annual increases in sales. This can increase the value of the NASDAQ Merck shares.
For 2019, Merck recorded net sales of $46.84 billion (USD) and income from operations that stood at $11.46 billion (USD). In total, the company’s assets were recorded at $84.4 billion (USD) for 2019. Hence, the gradual rise in Merck shares is understandable.
The value of Merck shares has increased in the last months of the year. For December 2020, a value of $81.94 (USD) was recorded, representing an increase of 1.97% since November, 8.95% since October and 10.80% since January of the same year. Between March and December 2020, Merck’s share price increased by 23.40%.
It is these increases in the Merck stock price that demonstrate the high profitability of investing in short or long periods in the company. In fact, in the history of the Merck share price, increases of up to 4043.5% have been recorded.
Buying Merck shares: Advantages
- One of the most recognized pharmaceutical companies worldwide. So it is requested by hospitals and all types of health centers. Including also pharmacies worldwide. Giving it a wider range of sales.
- Essential products for the health area worldwide. Because the drugs designed and patented by Merck are of excellent quality. In addition, they are specially developed to treat certain serious diseases that afflict the world’s population.
- It has customers who are loyal to the brand. Who have used Merck products over the years. Knowing the quality of medicines they acquire with this company.
Buying Merck shares: Disadvantage
- Competition from generic pharmaceutical drugs. As a result, sales may decline in certain countries. However, it does not have a real threat, since it has a great recognition worldwide.
If you want to learn how to invest in Merck, the most important thing is to choose a quality broker. There are all kinds of options, however, it is best to choose a site that makes you feel comfortable and secure. Below we bring you the brokers that we have tested and have given us the most confidence.
After choosing your trusted broker, the next step to learn how to buy at Merck is to register your account. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- Enter the official website of the broker of your choice.
- Look for the registration button on the page.
- Here, you will need to fill in your personal information and payment information to charge credit to your account.
- Verify your account. To do this, you will have to click on the link that arrives in your email.
- Once your account is registered and verified, you must load the balance equivalent to the amount of shares you want. To do so, you can use your TDC or a digital wallet.
- Look for Merck shares. This company is listed on the stock exchange as NYSE: MRK.
- Once you find the stock, just click on the Buy Stock option.
- Then, wait for the purchase verification process and you are done. You will see your stock reflected in the stock portfolio.
- Watch for news from the pharmaceutical industry involving Merck. As this will affect the Merck share price.
- Regularly find out how much a Merck share is worth by learning how to analyze price changes. So you can analyze the change in value in the future. So you can find ideal investment opportunities.
- Buy monthly or bimonthly stocks. Making your savings work for you, because instead of having your money stagnate, you can make it grow on a monthly basis.
- Before selling, check the price of Merck shares. Check if it is really profitable to sell or if it is better to wait a little bit.
Buying Merck stock can be very profitable for you as an investor. This company has posted 2020 gains of as much as 1.97%, 8.95%, 10.7% and as much as 23.4%.
If you decide to invest in Merck, learn to analyze how much you could increase your money in relation to past increases. If you made an investment of $1,000 – $10,000, by December 2020, you would have a return of $1,517 – $15,172. This shows you the profitability of acquiring a Merck stock.