Investing in OSRAM
Few companies have such a diverse and high-quality range of lighting products. Including also opto-semiconductors used in domestic and residential applications. So the company enjoys excellent prices on OSRAM stock.
Some investors realized gains of up to 186.8% by buying shares in the company. If you are interested in knowing more about the company, here you can learn about its history, strengths, weaknesses and we even show you how to buy OSRAM.
What is OSRAM?
Osram Licht AG is a German lighting company, founded on July 1, 1919. The company’s name is often stylized as OSRAM. OSRAM is headquartered in Munich, Germany.
OSRAM has two subsidiaries. The first one is called Osram Opto Semiconductors, this company is in charge of designing as well as manufacturing semiconductors with lighting focus and optical receivers. The second is OSRAM Sylvania, the North American division of OSRAM. It is in charge of sales in that country.
Between 2019 and 2020, there was a bidding war for OSRAM shares. By July 2020, most of the shares were acquired by the Austrian company ams AG. Which became OSRAM’s parent company with 59.9% of the shares.
OSRAM’s products have been categorized along the way for excellent quality in lighting options. Currently, the company sells automotive lights, LED lights for various applications, light emitters, lasers and more.
In addition to lighting, OSRAM is categorized by its lighting control devices. These include lighting control systems, optical sensors and much more.
OSRAM is a leading company in the lighting and opto-semiconductor industry, with customers worldwide. By 2020, it recorded a net income of €3.04 billion (EUR). Ensuring the economic robustness of the company and the stock price OSRAM.
This company has worldwide sales, ensuring a large customer portfolio. For December 2020, the OSRAM share price is positioned at €52.14 (EUR). This shows an increase of 26.68% since July 2020 and even a rise in the value of OSRAM shares of 134.86% since March 2020.
The profitability of OSRAM shares is excellent for both short- and long-term investors. This is why many people around the world choose to buy OSRAM shares on a regular basis. In fact, over the course of its history, it has recorded increases of up to 186.8% in the history of its shares.
Buying OSRAM shares: Advantages
- High level of sales worldwide. With private customers as well as companies of high importance. Which ensures the increase of the value of the OSRAM stock exchange shares.
- Presents in the e-commerce industry. It has one of the most stable and advantageous platforms for customers worldwide. This generates a high level of sales and, in turn, increases the value of OSRAM stocks.
- Great investigative approach, generating new products. All options are of excellent quality and highly demanded by customers. In addition to creating new patents, which ensures an increase in OSRAM’s share.
Buying OSRAM shares: Disadvantage
- European regulations may affect OSRAM’s sales. This would lead to share price declines. However, the company could find an alternative solution to its problems, while maintaining an excellent sales margin.
If you want to learn how to invest in OSRAM, here is everything you need to know. The first thing you need to do is to find a broker you feel comfortable with. For 2020 we tested several, the ones we liked the most for their reliability, low commissions and platform stability are the following brokers.
Check them out and consider which one suits you best. After you have chosen one of the brokers, you need to register your account, verify it and buy the shares. To do this, just follow the steps below.
- Access the official website of the broker of your choice.
- Look for the option to register an account.
- Enter the data requested by the system. Account, personal and payment information.
- Enter your email to perform the verification. Here you will find an email from your broker, with the link to confirm your registration.
- Access your broker’s account, to recharge the balance you wish to invest. You can use TDC or a digital wallet.
- Search for OSRAM shares. This company is publicly traded as ETR: OSR and FWB: OSR.
- Here, click on the option to buy shares, choose the amount and wait for the verification process.
- That’s it! You now have the shares you want reflected in your portfolio.
- Read the latest news from OSRAM and also from ams AG (the parent company). As things could happen that could positively or negatively affect OSRAM shares.
- Before you sell shares, check how much an OSRAM share is worth. To calculate the percentage gain you’ll make and to find out if it’s profitable.
- Regularly review the OSRAM stock price, trying to analyze the causes of its rise and fall. This will help you predict future price changes and take advantage of investment opportunities.
- Save on NASDAQ OSRAM stock. Because it’s much more profitable than saving your money without it working for you. In 2020 alone, you could earn a 134.86% return on your savings investment.
One of the most effective ways to verify the profitability of a company when investing is to calculate possible past earnings. Since these can be repeated in the future.
For December 2020, the OSRAM share price stands at €52.14 (EUR). Reflecting an increase of 134.86% since March 2020. In case you have invested €1,000 – €10,000 in OSRAM shares, this would return you €2,348.64 – €23,486.49 (EUR) by December 2020. This shows a great return from investing in this company.