Investing in PayPal
Luckily, you’re in the right place. Yes! You read that right, because in this post you’ll find all the information you need to know about how to buy stocks on PayPal. So, if you want to know more stay with us and read on below.
What is PayPal?
To begin with, let’s learn a little about PayPal. It is a company originally from the United States that was founded in 1998 with the purpose of offering financial services to its users.However, this online platform is not a bank, on the contrary, it is an autonomous system that is not governed by the laws of the state or other banking entities. PayPal allows the user to make the transaction quickly and securely without intermediaries.Today, it is the subsidiary with the largest global reach for online payments, leaving aside traditional payment methods such as bank drafts or checks.The main objective of this company is to make it easier for users to pay, so that they can do it whenever and wherever they want, using the type of currency they want or even associate the credit card to make the payment.PayPal is currently owned by eBay, but it also has subsidiaries such as Braintree, Paydiant and Venmo. In addition, it is an official member of the Linux Foundation, Node.js Foundation, among others.Paypal Nasdaq entered this market after recently becoming a publicly traded company. It has had great receptivity from digital investors for being a company with large global participation.
Better ask yourself: Why not buy some PayPal shares? To convince you it is better to look at numbers. By 2020 Paypal shares have reached a number of 1,185,000,000,000 shares.But if we talk about figures, PayPal stocks have achieved for 2019 a total of $17,772 million, leaving as profit to its investors a total of $2,459.In addition, due to the coronavirus, stock indexes dropped significantly. However, it was Paypal with its shares that held up after a sharp 30% drop in value.How did it achieve this? Due to the increase in sales in new businesses and online marketplaces, PayPal managed to stabilize and keep the Paypal stock price at a high level.Now, does that mean that it is a good option to invest in PayPal shares? The answer is yes, and after the rise in Paypal’s share price, we are sure that for this year and 2021, the stock will keep going at that pace and going up.Buying PayPal Shares: Advantages
- Digital economy. This is one of the best advantages that Paypal has by action and the reason is because 2020 has been the year in which more digital business has been propitiated, in which undoubtedly users offer as a secure method of payment this platform.
- A financial platform with a future. PayPal has managed to become the most important electronic wallet worldwide. Today, many countries use this platform to make payments and transactions securely.
- Company with excellent income and capital. Paypal has a high share price, which indicates that it is a good choice when you want to invest in it because the profits will be quite profitable.
Buying PayPal Shares: Disadvantages
- Critical competition. And when we say that PayPal has competition, we are referring to large companies such as YouTube, Amazon or even Google, which can affect the profitability of the Paypal stock price.
- No dividends! At the moment PayPal does not pay extra dividends on its shares, which is a disadvantage for some investors.
How to buy PayPal sharesIf you want to know how to buy PayPal through its shares, then we invite you to follow the simple step-by-step guide below. But before you start, you need to use an online broker to perform the operation.As a recommendation, if you are a novice buyer, we recommend brokers such as eToro or Plus500 which are simple to use and completely secure portals.In this case we will trade with the eToro broker, where you only need to do the following:
- Search for eToro broker.
- Register by completing the form and verify your account in order to log in.
- Once in your profile, enter in the search bar: “PayPal”.
- You will see the data and the value per Paypal shares.
- Now just indicate the number of shares you want to buy and click on the “Invest” button and that’s it, you have PayPal shares!
In case you want to use plus500, the registration method is practically the same, with the difference that at the moment of buying shares you will be given two options: the market quotation or the option to put yourself the value of the share you want to buy.After choosing the one that best suits you, you perform the operation and you will be asked to accept some terms in order to release the transaction. Once you do so, you will have your PayPal shares available in your account.
In order to invest in PayPal shares successfully, it is necessary to know very well everything the company does: what their revenues have been, what new services they are offering, what their next strategies are, what their competition is, among other data that may be of interest.It is also important to know how much a PayPal share is worth and always be aware of when it is going up and when it is going down. This can not only work for us to see the value that our capital is taking with the shares, but we can also know when to buy PayPal shares and when not to.One of the best tips on how to invest in PayPal is to buy shares when their rate is low, although if their value is maintained, we will have greater profits in the short or medium term!