Investing in Toshiba
As we look at this company, we wonder: is it an opportunity to invest in Toshiba? Maybe, maybe not. To find out, we recommend that you join us to continue reading this post, where you will find valuable information about the company, its pros and cons, stock market data and the best alternative to buy Toshiba shares safely.
What is Toshiba?
Toshiba is a Japanese company founded in 1939 in the city of Minato, Tokyo. Toshiba is dedicated to the manufacture of electronic and electrical products. It is the same company who is responsible for marketing them in most of the technology markets in the world.
It comprises several technology sectors and manufactures a wide range of products, including notebook computers, LED televisions, hard disks, memory, chips, among others.
Since its beginnings and until 2020, Toshiba has been a brand recognized for innovating and developing quality products in its different areas. It is headquartered in Tokyo and has more than 200,000 workers distributed in its branches around the world.
It has entered into partnerships with companies such as Western Digital, with which it is currently investing in a NAND flash memory manufacturing plant in Japan.
Toshiba started trading on the stock exchange in 2004, listing on several stock indexes. Toshiba is currently listed on Nasdaq as TOSBF and on the Tokyo Stock Exchange as 6502.
Toshiba shares appeared in early 2020 on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, after the company was suspended due to a fraud controversy against the company. Upon reopening, Toshiba shares dropped by 8%, equivalent to 2,575 yen.
However, in this last quarter of the year, Toshiba has increased its profits significantly, starting with a net income of 1.02 billion yen received from the chip manufacturing area alone.
Toshiba’s share price is 3019.00 yen on the Tokyo stock exchange and $29.21 on the US stock exchange. The price of each Toshiba stock is on the rise for this and next year, after restructuring its business model and focusing its sales on electronic components without its potential turnover subdivision: notebook computers.
Buying Toshiba shares: Advantages
- Investment in research and development. Toshiba invests in research and development of new technological components that are innovative and facilitate tasks.
- Quality products. Toshiba’s profits are due to the quality of its products, their strength and durability. This favors Toshiba shares and its price.
- Toshiba stock price accessible. Because of its recent comeback on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, it should be noted that a Toshiba share is priced affordably to opt for investment.
- Popularity and recognition. The fact that Toshiba is the first company to create a laptop, is unforgettable. So the recognition that this company has is quite wide and this is a plus point for those wishing to invest in a Toshiba action.
Buying Toshiba shares: Disadvantages
- Exit from the computer market. This is not only a disadvantage but devastating news for those people who loved Toshiba computers. In 2020 the company decided to sell its remaining shares (19.9%) to Sharp, a company that now markets Dynabook brand laptops.
- Competition. In the technology sector, Toshiba has direct competitors such as Lenovo, Acer, Samsung, among others. This may significantly affect the value of Toshiba’s shares.
How to buy Toshiba shares
Want to know how to invest in Toshiba? The best alternative is undoubtedly through a broker. This type of platforms are completely safe and reliable. In addition, they provide you with interesting stock market information and are easy to handle.
Among the most recommended, we will show you how to buy Toshiba with eToro.
- Log in to the eToro portal.
- Create an account and verify it.
- Log in and transfer the amount you have available to invest using the payment method of your choice.
- Search for Toshiba stock by name or acronym.
- You will then see a box with Toshiba’s stock price in real time, as well as bullish and bearish ranges.
- Choose the “Buy” option and enter the number of Toshiba shares you wish to purchase.
- Now choose the amount or price you want to pay for each share, the duration of the order and the investor. Finally click on “Invest”.
- Confirm the transaction and wait a few minutes.
- That’s it! You now have shares in your account.
Toshiba is having ups and downs since its new IPO. In addition, selling off its entire stock in its computer subdivision could lead to a future imbalance in the company’s finances. Therefore, we recommend that you:
- Consult an expert in the stock market business and let this person be the one to tell you whether buying Toshiba shares is a good option or not.
- Analyze daily stock market and economic information about the company, including how much a Toshiba share is worth. This way you will know when it is convenient to buy shares of this company and when it is better to sell them.
- Study the statistics and listen to the estimates of financial firms about Toshiba, the experts are the ones who can give you an indication of whether a purchase of Toshiba shares is an opportunity to generate profits or a high risk and possibility of losing invested money.
- Finally, try to invest a considerable amount that does not affect your capital. Remember that the stock market is a business that is not 100% stable and you can generate great income, but you also run the risk of losing your capital.