Investing in Boskalis
This company has presented excellent investment opportunities in 2020. With increases of 28.12% and up to 43.58% throughout the year. Being a stock with great returns.
If you are interested in learning more about this company, below we bring you everything you need to know about investing in Boskalis. From its history, strengths, profitability of the stock and we even teach you how to invest in Boskalis.
What is Boskalis?
Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V. is a company founded in 1910 by Johannes Kraaijeveld and Eliza van Noordenne. The main economic activity of Boskalis is construction work and maritime excavations. The company’s headquarters are located in Papendrecth, the Netherlands.
The company has a worldwide presence, offering its services to customers in more than 75 countries across 6 continents. It has a fleet of 900 ships and more than 10,700 employees.
The company’s main services consist of the excavation of underwater land. In order to carry out constructions to establish maritime infrastructures throughout the world. It also offers maintenance services for these platforms.
In addition to the company’s classic services, Boskalis is the parent company of Dockwise. A company that offers heavy lift shipping.
Boskalis owns a majority stake in Smit International. The company provides marine towing and salvage services for sunken ships. The company has focused part of its resources on designing technologies that allow it to extract oil from sunken ships. In order to reduce the environmental impact of this type of sinking.
Boskalis is one of the most economically robust companies in this economic sector. Generating revenues of €2.674 billion (EUR) and having assets valued at €4.315 billion (EUR). Having a high value of NASDAQ Boskalis shares in relation to its competitors.
In December 2020, the company has a Boskalis share price of €20.46 (EUR). This represents an increase of €28.12 (EUR) from July, €41.30 (EUR) from May and €43.58 (EUR) from March of the same year.
Over the years, the value of Boskalis shares has increased by as much as 661.3%. By 2020, the shares have increased steadily. This may increase in the following years, due to the global commitment to renewable energies. Which would give Boskalis contracts, to realize more wind turbine installations in offshore areas.
Buying Boskalis shares: Advantages
- Customers worldwide in more than 75 countries. Providing the excellent reputation that the company enjoys today. Generating high annual revenues and increasing Boskalis’ stock price.
- It has one of the largest fleets in the world. So it can comfortably cover the customers it currently has and many more. In addition to dealing with sinking ships without any problems. Allowing these events not to affect the value of Boskalis in the stock market.
- They are in a market with little competition. Since few companies have a specialization in this type of services. In addition, Boskalis has over 110 years in the industry. Giving it its excellent reputation and allowing it to keep Boskalis stocks high.
- The focus on renewable energies will bring it more contracts in the future. Since one of the company’s main services is the installation of wind power equipment in offshore areas. Ensuring an increase in Boskalis‘ share in the future as more installations are carried out.
Buying Boskalis shares: Disadvantage
- Reduction of shares in the last 5 years. Since few companies require this type of services. However, in future years with the increase of wind turbine installations, its revenues could increase, improving Boskalis’ share and price.
If you want to learn how to buy on Boskalis, here is what you need. The first thing to do is to choose a reliable broker. In 2020 we tested several options, the options we liked the most for their stability, low commissions and digital security are the following.
- Charles Schwab Corporation
- IQ Option
After choosing the broker, you must create your account to load the balance and buy the stock. The process to do this is very simple. Below we explain how to do this.
- Access the official website of the broker you like the most.
- Look for the new registration option.
- Fill in the data requested by the system.
- Verify your account by clicking on the verification link that you will receive in your email.
- Charge the balance you wish to invest in Boskalis.
- Search for the company on your broker’s platform. This stock is listed as Euronext: BOKA and AMS: BOKA.
- Click on the buy action button and wait for the purchase confirmation.
- You’re done! You will see your action reflected in the portfolio.
- If you have shares in your portfolio, regularly check how much a Boskalis share is worth. Analyze when it is a good time to sell them and buy them back, to see the return on your investment.
- Read the latest Boskalis news and world events that may involve contracts for the company. As this could indicate increases in the value of Boskalis shares.
- Learn to analyze theoretically and practically, the price of Boskalis shares. Discovering why shares go up or down, thus predicting future changes and discovering investment opportunities.
- Consider saving in Boskalis shares. As these provide great returns for your investments. In 2020 alone, share gains of up to 43.58% were seen.
The best option for analyzing the profitability of future investment opportunities is to calculate these in previous years. It is possible to make real calculations of the profitability of the purchase of a Boskalis share.
In 2020, there were three major increases. 25.8% between March – April, 32.2% between May – June and 28.1% between July – December. An investor who decided to buy Boskalis shares for €1,000 – €10,000 will receive a total of €2,129.60 – €21,295.96 by December.