Investing in Disney
But it is important to have doubts when making an investment, and that is why we must learn everything we need to know about the company and analyze in detail how to invest in Disney without risking our capital.
Would you like to learn with us? If the answer is yes, perfect! Because we will tell you how much is it worth to buy a Disney share, what are its pros and cons, and what are the best alternatives to buy a Disney share safely.
What is Disney?
The Walt Disney Company is the world’s largest entertainment production company based in California, United States. It began producing short films with animated animal cartoons, creating world-famous characters such as Pluto, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Minnie Mouse, among others.
Years later, they took their productions to a higher level with films such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Fantasia, Pinocchio, Dumbo, etc. It currently has several television channels worldwide, where you can watch original content from the company or that produced by its associates.
It has teamed up not only with entertainment production companies, but also with well-known television networks. These are: National Geographic, FOX, Disney XD (formerly Jetix), FOX Sports, Disney Junior, Radio Disney, and many more. In addition, it is the operator of many theme parks and hotels around the world.
This great company also has its own online streaming content platform, called Disney+. There you can find not only exclusive Disney content, but also all the entertainment from companies such as: Pixar, Marvel Studios, ESPN+, among others.
As of 2019, it was confirmed that it would also take control of the streaming platform Hulu, joining it with Disney+.
Why buy Disney stock?
If you are still undecided about buying Disney stock, here are the reasons that will change your mind.
First of all, as of May 6, 1991, Disney’s stock was listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Since then, it has obtained revenues in the millions of dollars added up to the present day.
Until 2015 the value of Disney’s shares gave a sum of approximately five hundred billion dollars. During the first quarter of this year they increased by 36% compared to 2019.
Another reason to buy a Disney stock is the strong business methodology they work with. This consists of turning their productions into series and movies recognized worldwide. All of them have been a success thanks to the publicity made through their theme parks, live programs, theatrical plays and much more.
Disney and its allies are strong entertainment producers
Pixar, Marvel and the Star Wars franchise have helped Disney become one of the highest grossing companies in recent years. During 2016 the 4 highest grossing movies gave a total revenue sum that exceeded four billion dollars.
They use state-of-the-art tools to achieve their goal.
Together with their partners, they use state-of-the-art tools to create and improve each and every one of their productions. This was one of the first companies to contribute to the development of new technologies to entertain the whole family.
It has a network of research laboratories called Disney Research that are in charge of innovating all the equipment used to produce content.
Buying Disney shares: Advantages
- Disney is a company that never goes out of fashion: Not only is it highly positioned in the entertainment area, but it also has an excellent reputation worldwide. This clearly favors Disney shares and keeps its price in good standing.
- It aims to create quality content: content that is easily adaptable to audiences of all ages.
- Opening in the Chinese market: By opening the Shanghai theme park, Disney entered a large market to exploit.
- The price of Disney stock is not that high: compared to other entertainment companies, the price of a Disney stock is almost $150.
Buying Disney shares: Disadvantages
- Disney exaggerates somewhat in its investments, and on some occasions these have resulted in low revenues causing high indebtedness and gradual declines in Disney’s stocks.
There are several ways to buy a Disney stock, one of them is to contract a CDF, this is a financial derivative that works following the price of the shares in the stock market. All this can be done online and without the need to pay any commission through a stock broker.
The best way to buy Disney shares is to use a reliable online broker. Below, we will explain step by step how to buy Disney shares using the safest and most reliable brokers:
- Open an account on the platform by filling out a form with our data and then log in.
- Transfer the amount you wish to invest and in the search bar enter the name of the company.
- When you choose the Disney stock it is time to click on buy and enter the desired quantity.
- Now all you have to do is press the invert button and you’re done!
Admiral Markets UK Ltd
- You must first register and by doing so you will have access to the trending MetaTrader 5 platform.
- Log in and click on the market observation tab, by clicking on symbols
- The acronym DIS is inserted in the search bar.
- Click on Show symbol and then on OK.
- Now the symbol will appear in our market watch list, so all you have to do is drag it onto the chart.
- Right-click on the new graph that appears on the screen, choose Operations and then New order.
- Enter the parameters requested by the platform to be able to invest.
- Finally click on Buy at market.
Tips for investing in Disney stocks
- Study all the basics in the area: Within this whole business of stock investments there are many terms that are not so common, so it is necessary to study them in depth.
- Choose the most suitable broker for your investment tastes: Each one offers a different method for investing in Disney stocks in the stock market, so it is of utmost importance that you study which one best suits your investment plan.