Investing in ING Group
This company is considered one of the 30 largest banks in the world. In addition, it is on the list of the largest European companies thanks to its revenues. Still, it is of utmost importance to thoroughly analyze everything about how to invest in ING.
That is why below we will show you the most interesting facts about the company, its advantages, weaknesses and even how much an ING share is worth, information that will surely be useful for future investments.
What is ING Group?
Internationale Nederlanden Groep or also known as ING Groep N.V., is a financial company that provides insurance, investment and banking services. Some of its activities are: private banking, commercial banking, investment banking, asset management and direct banking.
Its logo is an orange lion that comes from its Dutch origins. Its head office is located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, it also has offices in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Poland, Canada, Argentina and many more.
This group is the parent company of the electronic banking company called ING Direct, which operates in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, among other countries. It is believed that it currently has about 85 million customers and more than 130 thousand employees.
The company belongs to a cooperative consortium of 11 major European banks called Inter-Alpha Group of Banks, where it is the only Dutch member. Moreover, it also belongs to the list of the most systemically important banks worldwide since 2012.
ING Group shares are listed on the Euronext stock exchange under the ticker symbol INGA and on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ING. ING shares are included in the AEX, Euro Stoxx 50, Morningstar, FTSE Russell and BEL 20 stock indexes. You can also find them in the Nasdaq index where you can see ING under the same symbol as on the New York Stock Exchange.
The value of ING shares had a big drop between 2006 and 2009, but since then it has been growing without any problem. It is worth noting that it has only had moments of decline, but soon after that it rises again. The latter makes both short and long term investment of an ING share possible or considerable.
Buying ING Group shares: Advantages
- It has a strong brand image: The company is not only recognized worldwide, but is also positioned as one of the best banking companies. This helps to win more and more customers.
- It has a good financial situation: Although it had some debts some time ago, it managed to improve its situation and thus enjoy stable results. As a result, investors are more interested in ING shares than in those of its competitors.
- The company has succeeded in expanding its activities worldwide: Unlike its competitors, ING had a very effective expansion strategy.
- It is well positioned in some of its activities: In the particular case of its asset management, the company has the leading position in the area. This makes its brand image even stronger, as well as its ING shares.
- It has a large workforce: The company currently has more than 100,000 employees in all its offices and they in turn deliver ING’s services efficiently.
- The company has a large number of customers: Apart from having many at present, these are increasing all the time. According to experts, the number of new customers is growing every year, which is a great advantage for ING stocks on the stock exchange.
- The price of ING stock is inexpensive compared to its international competitors. ING stock is currently priced at €7.92.
Buying ING Group shares: Disadvantages
- The banking area has too much competition: On the European continent alone, the company is facing new competitors offering its services 100% online and state-of-the-art. To counter this, the company created its own online banking.
- ING’s share price on the stock market depends on the profits made by the bank: As mentioned above, the financial situation is currently very good, but sometimes profits may not be as good from one year to the next.
If you have already made the decision to buy ING shares, you only need to consult an online stock broker. There are many with unique features, different investment strategies and much more. The most common and recommended brokers are: Plus500, eToro, IQ Option, Interactive Brokers, XTB and AvaTrade.
Below, we will explain in detail how to buy ING through the IQ Option broker. It should be noted that this will also help you to buy other stocks through this broker.
- First create your account by completing the form on the screen.
- Log in again.
- Deposit the money to invest, choosing the payment method of your preference.
- Fill in the form with your financial information to complete the transaction and wait a few minutes until the funds are active.
- Then search for the action by clicking on the + button and type ING.
- Then choose the section called shares and indicate the amount of ING shares you want to buy and verify their price.
- Finally, you have to place all the elements to create a low or high position.
- First learn all about stock investing: Study all the basic concepts that are used when investing in the stock market. Then start analyzing all the data about the company, from its foundation, the history of its shares and other important information. To finally decide if it is a good investment or not.
- Research what is the most appropriate time to trade: Before you start, it is paramount that you analyze how stocks are currently doing and then make your decision.
- Choose the broker that best suits your tastes: Each one offers different features, so it is of utmost importance that you study which one best suits your investment plan.